Saturday 23 May 2015

Warmth bundled in a family!


Its been 35 years I am told that this couple has been married for and I am simply amazed every time I meet them. Having known a lot of folks from my parents’ circle, it was rare for me to meet a couple whose love for each other is not marked merely by respect and understanding. In them you can actually see the adoration in each other’s eyes… and what is fascinating is how the spark seems to just grow with time.
Yatish Uncle in many ways is similar to my dad (if you know my dad your eyes must have popped, but I was not referring to his height, but their personality). There is an unusual charm, ability to laugh and be laughed at, affectionate, the perfect Army officer, the cheerful icebreaker for any gathering, all of which is hard to miss. His quick wit and ability to spread that much wanted comfort with absolutely anybody – age no bar is something so rare. While his cheer is prevalent, his ideologies and righteousness remain intact and undeterred. He is quick to help and willing to go out of his way.
Shanti Aunty is the cheerful aunt of my mum’s circle of friends, whom I refer to as ‘the gang’. Longest telephone conversations, the heartiest laugh, the heartfelt advice, the warmest I have seen, the loving wife, the doting mom, the dependable and affectionate friend is what she is. She is exceptionally talented with some unforgettable yummy for the tummy or her magical green fingers that could add green and color to even a desert patch. Her boldness is remarkable. I admire her optimism and zest for life, that even with her past medical dilemmas she showed an unusual courage that has always remained with me, and in fact got me through my moments of horror too.
My memories with you both are always so bright. The first bouquet on Mum’s birthday was always from the two of you. I want to thank you both for always being there for us. You both have embraced life so gracefully and given us all so many reasons to celebrate the meaning of ‘to love and be loved’. Pooja and Supriya have grown to be such remarkable daughters, with just the perfect mix of affection, drama, madness, humor, adventure, hard working, honesty and boldness. In them we see equal shades of you both along with your confidence to let them find themselves with their own mistakes and learning’s – a mantra that is so imperative in parenting. While this is definitely not the first wish today but its no doubt heartfelt with oodles of love, happiness and the best of health always. Happy Anniversary and wish you both a great year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment