Saturday 23 May 2015

An angel for me!


Its been 19 years and it feels just like yesterday that I was introduced to an angel. .. seema.. whom I fondly call seems. She had just moved to Bangalore and was new to school (its the ever famous FAPS in case you all are wondering) but her friendliness and diplomacy was so enduring. Everyone I know from school will second my words. . ...she was the angel that wouldnt hurt an ant leave alone people. I was introduced to her in our tenth but we became buddies in our 11 th and 12th ... lucky for me two years of eating her head and I get rewarded with a lifetime of friendship with her!
If I had to describe her it would be chubby cheeks, forever smiling, soft spoken, my best and most tollerant listener (even as I chatter non stop... she smiles, listens patiently and ofcourse giggles at some stupidity of mine), extremely creative and talented, eye for detail, willing to take chances, heart and soul of her family, fascinated by colors and the offbeat... all in all ... she is that angelic hand that has been with me for close to two decades.
As a passionate designer, you have always etched some of my best life moments in those elegant, creative and memorable invites which have marked some significant milestones for me like my wedding, my kids birthdays amongst others. Your design excellence gave my independent PR stint a new lease of life with that memorable logo.
Your vision and flair for exploring the unexplored has fascinated me . Today I am so thrilled with your entrepreneurial charm.. not just in design but with the thrilling world of socks. I always wondered everyone worked with a wider segment of apparels or even accessories for that matter but your focus on socks has taught us that with a clear thought and passion in your heart... anything is possible.
We have gotten so busy in our lives with new milestones, ocassions, responsibilities or even friends but the joy in my heart when I think of all our time since school, I am assured that angels will always be there and so will our friendship.

Its the first time I have not spoken to her on her birthday, call it the madness of the day or craziness of growing responsibilities but its inexcusable. So my dearie here s wishing you the best birthday always and a quick reminder that in my 100 happy days you are my star of joy always. With all my love.... you will always be my rockstar 

No comments:

Post a Comment