Saturday 23 May 2015

Disappearing charms!

 Day 45..‪#‎100happydays‬ ‪#‎100daysofhappiness‬
Rumors has it..that it is chocolate day. From my end this will be a very poor post owing to my lack of fondness for chocolate or anything sweet, which is sometimes stuffed down my throat for need of sweet in my body. Sounds terrible I know, but I pride myself in such rare choices. To compensate my lack of sweet tooth, I am surrounded by everyone who somehow grow weak at the sight of chocolate, to the extent of taking over other's share or fighting over the same bar, where everyone becomes a child - age is absolutely no bar here!
So initially I thought skipping today's post would not really be a miss then I gathered when I look back now about my journey since childhood there have been two sweet favorites that have tingled my buds growing up as a personal and exceptional favorite.

- The mouth watering and delicious Cadbury's Nutties which came in small red packs which had a blend of two textures, perfect sweetness and often did not last more than a few seconds. In fact, it was definitely not a share pack too. Back then I remember getting it every Rakhshabandhan too...but now its remained a craving. The newer larger ones which are attractively packaged come in various flavors but have lost their original charm.
- The other one is a ever popular phantom sweet cigarettes that made us feel cool enough to seem like we smoked and lovely enough to never let me try a cigarette..a true wonder.
Other items like gems, crackle etc have all come a long way, but unfortunately now the packs get smaller, or the chocolate itself is marginalised. Call it modernity or times evolving, that the chocolate flavors have also changed with new variations on liquor chocolates, hazelnut, chilli chocolates and the most recent discovery the paan chocolate. While its translating into a chocolate lovers paradise, for people like me with some very selective and disappearing taste, hanging on to the memories of the nutties and the charm behind celebrations supporting it seem to be a lot more valuable.
In case you wondering about the significance of this post, its a fitting tribute to these rare chocolates that have faded over time and somehow has a legacy still amongst its fans. While I have been giving tributes to people and experiences in my life, this rare delicacy seems to get its due on 'chocolate day' - its a slice of my childhood hanging onto memories that matter. Knowing my love for this, if you ever come across this one - anywhere in the world, don't forget to pick me a pack (or as many as you feel) and send it across.
Aspects like hug day, kiss day etc will not be pondered much instead I intend to tread through memory lane on aspects that probably only our generation would value. That makes us rare and worthy this valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment