Home away from home!


Day 29...#100happydays #100daysofhappiness

You know what is so easy about the tribute I am writing today? It comes with so much love. With the hustle and bustle around us always, I always seem to find my calm when I am with them. So during my many lows, I have often found myself making this quick escape from an unsettled reality, to their lovely home in Pune where I pick myself again, claim my peace and always braced for newer challenges. So don’t imagine that they are miracle workers or the kind of folks who will listen, judge and wait to shower you with advice. They are remarkable with their big heart, patience and are willing to listen if you want to be heard, or will allow your space if that's what you choose. Isn't that a luxury? For me, it is my second home at Hegde uncle and Pushpa aunty's house, which is always bustling with such optimism of their kids and grand kids, in that building that you can never have enough. 

They have known us since much before I was born, yet have fondly held my hand whenever I reached out. They were my local guardians according to my official college records but for me, true guardian angels. Having seen so many shades of life, he is an accomplished businessman, a man working towards the welfare of society and more importantly a wonderful husband, son-in-law, father and grandfather. Always ready to help, his generosity is overwhelming. He co-operates with a carefully monitored and balanced diet, yet loves those wonderful indulgences. He loves his car but hates being behind the wheel. He has so much to love and so much to share that time with him is so enjoyable. 

Aunty loves the wheel and drives the car better than most people I know. Her jovial and happy nature is an instant draw to anybody. Clad in her beautiful sari’s she sets out on her women driven missions, not just in Pune but around the globe. Her ready wit and her ability to keep the family together are indeed admirable. She has been that loving wife, daughter, mother and the ever friendly grandmother. Uncle has grown his business from scratch and I have no doubt that Aunty’s support has been instrumental in their growth together. 

Down memory lane, I have so much that nostalgia makes me warm remembering my Sunday visits there being pampered with mouth watering food, the chats with aunty about my college, Aunty’s super
speed drive to the airport, as we could not get enough of the food and awfully cute staff over lunch , the much awaited visits to Rahul for that lip smacking crab and all the sea food possible or the super generous hampers of chiwda and bakarwadi that Uncle would always arrange for. What was also enduring were the chats with uncle (which usually begins with a “you know” and often being teased by Aunty, Munni and Bungu (all at the same time and believe me its quiet a roar), the visit to the school which Uncle nurtures, where I could see him beaming with pride, when he referred to each element in that school. It was Dodda and her passion for all the soaps, which could keep me updated and Ambika’s charm and the efficiency with which all the girls would have the house running perfectly. The longest chats with Munni pouring my heart out, the lovely stories that Ahaana would write up, the friendly fights between Aunty and Amara, the easy cheer with quick jokes even with a visit to the Doctor, the visit to the Art show where not one painting seemed to make sense, the uncontrollable laughter at the stand up comedy show and perhaps so much more, but not enough space to pen it down. 

For me in essence Pune will always be special because of the Hegde family. There may be months when we just go on with our daily chaos and probably not connect, but my heart and prayers are always with you all. I look forward to being able to meet you all atleast once a year and thankfully this time have planned again. My 100 days are not just about tributes but about people who have made that difference in my life and who have impacted me in ways most cant imagine, so this tribute is for my favorite family and for who they are. I love you all and look forward to seeing you all soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The forever friend!

Neerja Bhanot.. bravery in the air!

The two munchkins who can make me laugh and cry- all at once!