Saturday 23 May 2015

A lasting impression - I write in awe



Day19..#100happydays #100daysofhappiness
Have you ever felt that when you walk into someone’s house, the energy itself changes- from cold ordinary to that vibrant, warm and extraordinary breath of fresh air. This is the feeling I get when I walk into their home. You will get the majestic hello, the tightest hugs, the best jokes, the cheerful and unique names and so much more; this is just the welcome, so imagine the charm in the rest of the conversation. There is no speck of doubt in this, as I am talking about my very own Ravi Mama and Myna Mami. 

A couple so cherished, accomplished and deeply admired. They are both so different yet so alike. When we say compliment each other - I can only think of them. They love with so much meaning, they care more than blood, the concern speaks to your heart directly, and their pain and happiness feels like our own. Once you meet them, no one forgets them. So many years, new locations and distance never was a hindrance, and now we are luckier with them in our neighborhood. We always look forward to our boost of joy with both of them. 

My connection with them goes back to when I was born. She was the first to carry me as soon I was born. It’s magical to get that energy boost from being a day old itself. Don't you think?

Clad in our elegant sari, hair braided or twisted in a bun, shoes to ease her walk, Myna Mami moves so quickly and speaks with so much fun. She has so much to love and so much to share, you have to know her or you will miss all her care. Popular as a teacher and the Army wife, she has been remarkable all through her life. 
Years of work, years of hardship, an accomplished Officer who has made significant impact in the medical fraternity. Listens carefully as she speaks, Ravi Mama's patience is at an admirable peak. Softly yet clearly, he is quick to joke and I love reading his experience on the army folk. 

With parents so charming, loving, helpful and kind, they have kids so sweet who are rare to find. The definite visits, the annual greeting cards, the enthusiastic news, the bustling kids who grow so quickly, the ease at which they make connection, always willing to oblige, the warm smiles and so much simplicity even at the helm of being big achievers is all so admirable. Their modesty has me in awe, their charisma is so different, their understanding spouse, makes me always want to learn. 

Thank you Ravi Mama, Myna Mami, for being so special to us always. Thank you Rina Acca, Ricky Anna, Umesh Anna, Akhila Acca - my best memories have been with all of you and am blessed to always smile thinking about you all. The kids - Bharath, Diya, Sharanya and Aarushi - are growing to be such lovely kids and I can see so many shades of all of you in each of them.  The abundance of love and family values that we gather from your family, has given a new dimension to my 100 days of happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment