Saturday 23 May 2015

The sibling bond!



Day 25..#100happydays #100daysofhappiness

Symbolic days are so much easier to express, cause you have a subject and you just let your heart pour. Today is Rakhi / Raksha Bandhan and on this day I want to string my words for all those brother like figures in my life who have made a difference at some point or the other. At this juncture, we all may be too busy to reconnect or relive old memories, but its never too late to be grateful. Don't you think?

Incidentally some brothers are formed by blood relatives and some by gestures and emotional relevance. Thankfully  I have both. I definitely dont tie a Rakhi every year to everyone in this picture, but I always wish all these people the very best and I know that any time I reach out, I will have at least one of them by my side. You might wonder how am I so sure. I say this with so much confidence as I have experienced it on a very strong instance when all of them came together to my rescue, not once, but several times. They will know what I am referring to, but what makes it so blessed is, that such episodes are never really discussed in casual talk. They are not the types who would emotionally sit in front of you and promise you the world or give that 'filmy' speech, but their intent and heart is reflected in their actions. So isn't that much better?

So here goes to all of you..with love today and always.. may our kids always learn the value of true brothers from you all.

Ps: For such a tribute, I will always welcome a lovely gift from each of you, and today you will not be able to get away with hugs and kisses:)

No comments:

Post a Comment