Saturday 23 May 2015

The choices I make!


Day 30...‪#‎100happydays ‪#‎100dayspfhappiness Small things matter...
Its been one year and now we are back to the best month of the year again. No prizes for guessing why I treat September with such adoration - Yes, its my birthday month and somehow just like wine I look forward to the fun in aging and adding more years of wisdom to my kitty. So I will not be the one who might lie about my age, when asked cause I beam with pride on that count.
So today, on my happy day, would be great to revisit the little joys that give me so much thrill! These are not relationships, but I definitely believe they deserve a tribute, for the smile and cheer they bring to me. This list may surprise you but I believe the greatest joys in life are in the smallest elements even if they are slightly sinful.
Technology & social media
Let’s begin with the joy of words and my passion to string them together. I love the fact that it’s not just my creative expression, but my reflection of moods without disturbing anyone. I love the liberty I get with each alphabet. It gives you a different kind of freedom. 

We have all gone through tireless practices of handwriting, but I can safely say, my effort has been futile, so I worship my computer/ laptop that is my biggest bond between my writing and me. 
I don’t use those fancy cameras, though I love the moments I can capture in that one photograph – the joy, the tears, the natural and the hilarious. Its my phone and the 8mp that I sermonize about (which most people have written me off for) but when those photos become priceless memories on their walls, I know that everything is worth it. Every occasion and trip, I find myself battling with folks to pose for my photos, and after much resistance they would as well, so being that ‘irritation’ for 2 minutes is worth it for a lifetime. It’s not just the click but blending these photos into new stories through the magic of Photoshop, gives me another reason to applaud technology. 

Internet, Facebook, watsapp – am not sure what were days like before this. It’s like an honest memory loss as I cannot place myself without email or that immediate reckoner. I don’t remember being connected to so many people at the same time with so much ease through watsapp and facebook.
Stationery & craft
Simple childhood thrills, that I am reliving through my angels, with the everyday charts, craft activities with the use of new mediums like oil pastels and soft pastels. Thanks to Christine of Rainbow brush art who introduced me to this, that now its my biggest stress reliever. (She believes I do not do enough of it, but works best with my kids)
Also have you ever gone out and found yourself walking into stationery shops for no apparent reason. I do so for love for stationery – the little books, the pens, colors all take me on a new high. Call me silly but its my place of happiness
Food
As a mother, I should be propagating the healthy choices with veggies and fruits, which my best friends actually indulge in. But my true Coorg flavor wakes up and I go crazy with any non veg (that sounds scary, but I guess that’s what made my trip to China so easy – no food worries at all;) For me a perfect cusine is either Chinese topped with American Chopsuey and Steamed momos or that elaborate Mangalore fare with crab, prawns and pork at Mangalore Pearl. But I am not entirely anti veg – I do enjoy the Home fries at Aioli, don’t smile, it is potato!
On a lighter side, you will find me binging on snacks that the world says NO to, but I love the crunch of the blue lays, the tang of kurkure, the wholesomeness in the potato chiwda by Budhani’s in Pune, the chocolate high with bourbon biscuit and home made cake, the mind numbing experience with one sip of Coke or Pepsi and the absolutely meaningless crunch of little hearts biscuits. You will not find me drooling over desserts, sweets or perhaps chocolates, but the crunchy chiroti (only my Coorg folks might know this) from Kushalnagar, the home made cake or the freshly made gulab jamuns makes it a satisfying munch of sweetness.
Television and movies
The legendary show of Friends has its episodes repeating and I am laughing at the same joke everytime, sometimes in the same weak. Isn’t it surprising that some shows just have that charm on you? I love the madness of Ally Mc Beal, the gripping moments in Gray’s Anatomy, the suspense of Pretty Little Liars and all the comedy shows on Comedy Central, Star World or Zee CafĂ©. Romedy Now, shows the most heartwarming movies. Don’t imagine I am all about the English shows. I love the drama, madness and exaggeration of the hindi entertainment channels like Star plus, Zee TV, Sony TV and Colors. I have seen the programs here evolve from the ‘Saas Bahu’ sagas to new relationships and definitions. In short I have been an Ekta Kapoor patron for quiet sometime now, and I recollect missing only her shows post delivery when TV was allowed on a ration basis. Movies I am not going to define as the list is endless, but any movie that gives me a good laugh, adequate tears, the right beats in their songs, makes me a big fan. I love the fact that bollywood movies have the songs that Hollywood misses out on. While I come across as so much mush and drama, don’t be fooled. I enjoy the neat action like ‘Transporter’ with the same thrill.
Cars and travel
Speak of a holiday, and I get ready to plan the next itinerary. Arya thinks its dangerous cause if I had a choice I would be on a plane or road all the time. But that apart, I keep my travel tingles alive when I even make a drive to the local grocery store. Being behind the wheel gives me the boost like no other, so if I am behind an Innova or a Nano, I will drive with the same joy.
While the list is endless... I love the fact that I can soak in small thrills.. like the fascinating fun rides in amusement parks, rides which give a total rush, be able to laugh and be laughed at any time, gifting people at the smallest excuse and making new celebrations every day by creating new occasions... and so much more.
You all might wonder, why my list has featured today.. just to give you an idea of what you might want to gift me for my birthday.. to your luck its not too complicated…
On another note, I write this note with so much pride. I am not embarrassed about the choices I make as I believe each element adds to a new dimension of my personality. I am sure you all do to..hope you have discovered yours?

With love and much gratitude to you all always..

No comments:

Post a Comment