Saturday 23 May 2015

Remembering a family so wonderful!



Day 42... #100 days (in sadness of the loss but in happiness remembering a family so wonderful)
A tribute again, with a note of regret- echoing I wish I had written this when he could read it. Now I write in fond remembrance and deep wishes...to an uncle who admired and encouraged my fondness for words, to an aunty whose warmth grips me and to a friend who understood and never judged!
My heart sank and smiled at the same time today because I was saddened at the news about Kishore Uncle's journey to a better place, but happy that he was free from any further suffering.
The exceptional army officer, the talented corporate honcho, the cheerful friend, the caring husband, the loving father, doting father-in-law and the proud grand father- so many definitions, fitting a complete journey, or better said as a life lived right! While his cheer and jokes were the party warmers, I deeply admire his resilience to battle his medical challenges with so much grace and integrity. A true fighter whose spirit can only be admired and a true inspiration to so many I know. He is now a star, like my daughter says. So when we look at the constellation, if you see three sparkling stars, you can be sure its Kishore uncle surrounded by dad and Anna cheered up with his jokes and thrilled to have him with them.
Our beautiful Gouru aunty, will always be the very bubbly and affectionate aunt, whose adoration and charm can never be justified with my words here. An artist with the garden, her knowledge of plants and their nuances never ceased to fascinate me. I always understood her love for Jerry, the sweet paw family member. Her hearty laugh can brighten any gloomy room. The smile on her face stayed throughout, as she tirelessly helped uncle through all his medical dilemmas - a quality so rare and admirable.
Such lovely parents can only have a truly remarkable son and daughter-in-law, who have balanced life in ways that I am yet to learn. Manish and Bhuvana, in their balanced outlook and sensibilities have always approached life with immense maturity. Their simplicity, warmth and affection is enduring and the doting comfort with uncle and aunty, is notable. Taking one day at a time, it has been an inspiration to see them accept life and its challenges, while also enjoying the little thrills that come their way.
While Uncle will always be missed, Aunty can look forward to a fulfilled life with sweet memories of Uncle, while adding new ones with their two precious grandkids. With all my love I wish them all the strength and courage as they brace a new journey forward. It will have its hiccups and may be discouraging many a time, but I have learnt that bigger lives are lived embracing all the challenges positively and smiling everyday!
From someone who has loved and lost as well - Meeting our lost loved ones again is inevitable but until then lets live it to the best we can..With much love...

No comments:

Post a Comment