Saturday 23 May 2015

Poems for Mavi - on her birthday!

For Mavi
Everyday we rise and shine to see our day go by,
Something new, something true,
Learning things we never knew.
As a wife, as a mother, I see you,
With a smile, being true.
Your patience and love has been much above
with the purity of a dove.

You are my Mavi, I received the day I wed your son,
And I just want to thank you Mavi, for the things you have done.
You have given me a gracious man, with whom I share a life,
You are his lovely mother and I am his lucky wife.
You used to pat his little head, and now I hold his hand
you raised in love a little boy, then gave me a man
!

For Meena (From Nimmi)
Friends from school, friends for life,
Thrilled my daughter is your son s wife.
A small world but so much joy,
Couldn't ask for more from your boy.
We make our memories and together we come,
Always for our family hum.
So here are my wishes to you I write,
May your life be cheerful and bright,
From one grandma to another I cheer,
But more to my friend, from here!


For Mummy (From Arya & Aditya)

You held our family together as one,
You showed us love, safety, discipline and fun.
You give us strength and hear us fight,
You show us patience and clear sight.
You give us courage to take that risk,
To explore life and stay brisk.
Thank you mummy, we seldom say,
But we love you, in a mighty way,
We would always want to see you proud,
Of our actions alone or in a crowd.
You held our hands tight and showed the way,
Now we move ahead without forgetting to pray.


For Thai (From Tamara & Tanaaya)

Our dear Thai, we love you,
We are little, but it's all too true,
Special stories, songs and fun,
It's our happy time with you in the sun.
The flying horse and little idli yum,
we rejoice and fill our tum!

No comments:

Post a Comment