Saturday 23 May 2015

Friendships that matter


Day 41…#100daysofhappiness #100happydays

Did you know one aspect in Coorg tradition that makes us so unique? Marriages through personal references only! As a community, we do not list ourselves on any dot com (.com). Its not that we are averse to adapting technology for relationships of a lifetime, instead we rely a lot more on personal references and connections. We are a relatively small community, so it not just becomes easier but also more personal. 

So it’s only natural even mine was such an arrangement, if I may say so. And the person instrumental in bringing so much magic to my life is my very favorite Ratna Aunty, who shares her birthday today with my mother-in law (and her cousin). Being my mums bestie, her word on this recommendation was undoubted and today I am weaving words praising her recommendation and in our case, the perfect match maker.

I have known her since my growing days and I love the stories I hear of her and my mum back in school and college. Loving and affectionate, she was always a style icon in her time. As besties they are strange as they both are very different from each other yet they complement perhaps making the equation, perfect. With, her conversations are so easy and always heartfelt. Her support to us has been beyond definition and perhaps why I fall short of words in thanking her. 

She treads with spirituality and holds her faith. She is dynamic with her interests and always looks to learn or try her hands at something new. With such diversity she has been into making of carpets or specialized culinary skills. She is a dedicated wife, loving mother and an honest and dependable friend. 

Over the years, she has laughed and cried with us and makes every moment memorable. Her love for life, persistence and willingness to live life confidently and independently makes her admirable. Today she is a loving grand mother, dynamic and smart one indeed. 

Smartly clad, quick to move
She is mum’s best friend, and nothing to prove,
She loves and cares like her own
She reaches us quickly with just a phone. 

Through her only, my prince I met,
With all dialogues everything was set,
She knew me well and found Mr Right
And now I hold him real tight.

Love her dearly and wish her best
Through any challenges or life’s test
Related not buy blood but by heart,
In some cultures she would play my God Mother’s part!

So today I take this chance to thank you,
Believe every word said is heartfelt and true.
Words fall short and enough is not said
I can only wish the very best ahead. 

Much love always and wish you a fabulous birthday!



No comments:

Post a Comment