Saturday 23 May 2015

Memory lane with Symbiosis





Day20...#100happyday #100daysofhappiness
I am so sure everyone has a fantastic memory of their post graduation days, thankfully mine is fun and thrilling. Two years in the city that I love the most, Pune at the old Symbiosis campus, where the charm was not plush but hearts were warm. As most of them would recollect, I spent all my weekends of year one in Bangalore, while weekdays in Pune - treating a homesickness in the most expensive way(taking a bus home and flying back on Monday morning:) But year 2 had a completely different story - I lived, loved, laughed, cared, cried, fought, studied, and traveled, partied and cheered. So much in one year is a lot to digest, but we did it with so much enthusiasm, that, now years later, we are still a mad cluster that attempts to connect on an ongoing basis. We all lived away from campus, but in close clusters, just enough to be there for each other - day or night. 

The batch itself was large, but ACM was just the right number, adequate to stay together. Today, as everyone is busy aspiring, achieving, settling and creating new waves, its heartwarming to see the affectionate connect on FB and watsapp, the laughing dramas at the little reunions in different cities, the helpful hands that are put out at the quick cry for help. Thankfully, with most at the help of the corporate ladder, these simple gestures never change, and their modesty, simplicity and affection seems to overpower any pressure of the corporate drama. So what if the 10 year reunion drifted away in repeat planning and conversations, at least we know that during real times, this group stands up for each other, and to me that's what counts. The good news is, though there are so many successful entrepreneurs, well achieved professionals, passionate freelancers and hardworking homemakers, this batch will always be the madness from 2001-2003, sharing the jokes, singing songs, debating issues and dreaming on. 


So when I look back, what comes to my mind? The classes (harassing and harassed by memorable professors), our showstopper presentations (of international caliber , the NCC mess, the Panchagini trip, the trip to Mulshi, freshers and farewell parties, our birthday treats at the very pocket friendly Burger king, the attempted group studies, the midnight surprises and birthday bumps, watching the professionals keep the chits ready in time for exams, the savored 'dabba' service (with my exclusive non veg dabba, as a priority from the South Indian mess:), the vada paav, the nail biting placements, the Graduation, the weddings and so much more.
As I begin this thread I know so many stories will flow and that's what makes it a 'perfect trip down memory lane'. We have all evolved, matured and grown in so many ways, professionally and personally.


We all have that significant responsibility, we are busy in our struggles, or enjoying the accolades of our hard work. I know that when I think back, these days always give me a smile, so marking them in my 100 days, was something I could not resist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment