Saturday 23 May 2015

Running for the spirit!


Experts say train for 3 months and then pursue your first 5k run. Me being me.. had to explore something different so one month of 5 am jogs paid off today when I completed my 5 k run.. received a medal.. did the memorable selfie and just soaked in the festivities at the contour women s day run. The feeling is nothing short of out of this world...
For many of you it probably seems easy and doable but ask someone like me who 4 years back with medical traumas and legs that didn't support adequately. ..as I was reaching the finish line.. red in the face but my heart jumping with joy. At the end of it I just stood still to see if my legs had any reactions that I previously experienced. .. when nothing buckled... the sheer excitement of being ok had my heart smiling. In this new discovery of thrilling well being.. I want to thank my mum Nimmi Belliappa, my hubby Arya Ganapathy my mother in law and kids Tamara and Tanaaya whose belief in me make me want to do more. Big hug and thank you to Rakhi Shetty for being my inspiration to try for a run and rock in Pune... (happy happy burday Munni you are truly a woman of substance and all my chats with you have been my best and most motivating ones... wishing you a lifetime of happiness always). Finally thank you Geethanjali Barman for helping me make this decision.. your passion to running will make anyone want to try the field.

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect women's day.. so on this day I want to wish all my lovely ladies a fabulous day and thank the men for supporting us in more ways than they can imagine. On this celebrated day I am grateful for the decisions I have made and the learning's I gathered even while making mistakes. I don't live in regret and stand by all the decisions I made. In life I will continue to learn even from my kids. I am grateful for the blessings I have and just want to be a good person with humility, honesty, affection and faith. In this journey of life I do not want to forget to smile, be happy and appreciate little things though I will have plenty of moments to cry, and hurt but knowing life is a mixed bag.. embracing all these emotions will only make me a stronger person. So cheers to my three philosophies in life... live, love, laugh... and look forward to making each day as special as this one today.
Happy Women's Day.. much luv n hugs..

No comments:

Post a Comment