Monday 21 September 2015

My forever role model!




A year gone by...we have had many laughs, tears and even better memories with milestones to cherish. We have seen the best and perhaps the worst. We have lost lives but gained hearts. We have seen relationships change but have only the best around us. This day has always been almost magical since you were a child, that I do hope I always keep this magic alive.
Our relationship has evolved in so many ways. While on one hand I continue to learn from you as your daughter and on the other we are best friends with the maturity to hold our individuality with the freedom to make decisions on our own terms. We are both Virgos, alike and different on so many counts, but love each other enough to embrace these differing perspectives. I have grown admiring you for your practical and balanced outlook to life, strength to smile at challenging circumstances and love life with all your passion. Your ability to connect and stay connected, has given our life so many relationships that would have otherwise been amiss. I was lucky to grow with a mum who blended her exceptionally modern outlook with tradition and values. You are my role model and the reason I express today. You have taught me the importance of relationships, emotions and appreciation. You have shown me the importance of self respect, selflessness and generosity. You are strong yet compassionate, firm yet loving and disciplined yet adjusting. I have learnt that life is short, but experiences are many. Your positivity has shown me that optimism is an outlook that only the heart can see. I understand the importance of celebration and small gestures that stay with us forever.
Today we have so much to laugh and cry about, but it becomes easier, because we always have each other. You have been my role model, who perfected being a daughter, sister, wife, mother, mother-in-law, friend and grandmother. You are my guide, friend, mentor, critic and mother. At the risk of sounding possessive, I want to say, before being a grandmother to my kids, you will always be my mother. Our time together in and out of town, is my definition of 'happiness', doing the things we like, open honest conversations that keep me grounded, laughter that rejuvenates and advise that guides.
Mommy on your birthday, here's wishing you all the reasons to be only happy, wings to see the world, good health and abundance of love from family and friends. We love you Nimmi Belliappa

No comments:

Post a Comment