I promise

Promises are many, hard to keep, 

Often to be reminded, much too deep! 

I promise to be a better version of myself every day,

An effort for sure, but that’s what I pray. 


I promise to see a point of view that is not my own,

Learn something new and not be blown. 

I promise to be true to my heart,

Cherishing moments from the very start! 


I promise to be able to speak my mind, 

Rather than hoping others will be able to seek my worries and find.

I promise to learn to be open and be inspired,

While striving to inspire and be rightly admired.


I promise to find it in my heart to forgive and forget, 

Letting go may be a challenge, but I must let. 

I promise to admit I may be wrong along the way,

Make amends and learn before the end of the day. 


I promise to not judge on your past or present choice, 

Respecting them, inspite of the surrounding noise!

I promise to see you as your own person,

Not trying to mould you into my vision for certain. 


I promise that life cannot be taken for granted I know,

Moving slowly with gratitude and a mind to grow! 

I promise that there will be mistakes I will make, 

Be patient, I will correct them, so don’t forsake. 


I promise to be the keeper of hearts, 

Guarding every relationship that thrives in our life charts!

I promise that people will change and it’s much to accept, 

But every promise and word will be honoured and kept. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The forever friend!

Neerja Bhanot.. bravery in the air!

The two munchkins who can make me laugh and cry- all at once!