Finding Equanimity

Equanimity is a sublime emotion for some,

Neutral and aloof one may become. 

But I see the warmth and glow that thrives,

A state of being that everyone strives. 


Equanimity gives a different sense of peace,

Undisturbed and serene, unlocks life keys. 

Often seen with patience for sure,

There is no unwanted reaction or pressure. 


Being driven by an inner calm,

Mindfulness and balance allows no harm. 

Surely equanimity is a life learning I see,

In every direction, I strive till eternity. 


Hoping for praises, quick to blame,

Success or failure it's a tricky game. 

Fame and pain see the same end,

Attachment unfortunately has no mend. 


Am I ready to find this equanimity in life,

Thriving on deep emotion it's definitely a strife. 

To have the same emotion towards everything that's living I hear,

A long way to go for sure. 


While emotions can be tricky I know,

But having the same emotion for material show.

Make memories of a life that is short,

Who has seen tomorrow, today is all I have got. 


An excess of anything is harmful they say,

Choosing people who give this aura is a hard play. 

Striking the balance, keep distractions at bay,

The journey is a challenge, I must practice every day. 


Life experiences can be many,

Unreactive and calm, worth every penny. 

Letting go is the best mantra for sure,

Live, love and laugh, there is so much to cheer.


I am no sage, nor intend to be one,

Life is in color and that's no pun. 

Striving for equanimity may be the hope,

But along the way in little emotions I will cope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The forever friend!

Neerja Bhanot.. bravery in the air!

The two munchkins who can make me laugh and cry- all at once!