Thursday 7 April 2016

An Easter challenge




I was looking forward to another run.. so puma urban stampede it was! The ambience was a lot different than the other runs. More serious.. It was a competition and to be specific the national finale with runners from all across India. It was inspiring and heart gripping at the same time. Time seemed to be the essence. Scores were checked by better timings.
The visual of the ticking clock, the struggling participants some of whom were carried out in stretchers, the warning on a poor terrain and the aspirational timing for a 5k being 18 mins.. awarding the winner with a trip and run at Athens.. All were perfect ingredients to making me an anxious runner.
But as it began it was me, my music and the road. I may have been outpaced at few stretches but when you run for yourself nothing bothers you. The terrain did deter my timing unfortunately as the dug up roads with uneven stones scattered made it a dangerous path to tread. It was a learning for better runs ahead. The last 300 mtrs had me tempted to just pace it and stop at the last refill point but instead I decided to make that final run. I was over the moon to reach the finish point and see mum Nimmi Belliappa Arya Ganapathy my enthusiastic kids .. the T's and Aditya Nanjappa cheering with such enthusiasm as though I had actually topped the race. Having completed with an almost satisfactory timing I am content yet ambitious to do better next time. The photo ops, the medal and the heartfelt breakfast by nature s basket at the venue.. (part of our registration) was a lovely touch.
With minor aches to remind me of the lovely run... I look forward to my next run.
Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment