Wednesday 20 January 2016

For my mother-in-law!

'It is believed that a man who treats his woman like a princess, is born and raised in the arms of a queen'.
Having seen this philosophy come alive, I can endorse every word said here and proud to wish the queen - my mother in law - a very happy birthday, from the princess who is grateful for raising the prince in my life, with character, love and respect.
10 years later and its fascinating how some relationships don't change. She continues to be supportive, encouraging, warm, non interfering and cheerful. We have shared a decade - short enough to look forward to building lasting memories and long enough to share open heartfelt conversations with perhaps debates too and yet not be judged. She has embraced me with all my good and shortcomings, with a smile!
I still eagerly wait to bring out complain trolls about mother's in law or participate in these bash discussions online but i seem to be amongst the few with the privilege of a loving relationship so never have anything to contribute there. While it sounds like a complaint.. I am so grateful for this missed opportunity!
So on you birthday, here is wishing my mother in law whom I fondly call Mavi, with oodles of peace, happiness, cheer and good health always.
Everyday we rise and shine to see our day go by,
Something new, something true,
Learning things we never knew.
As a wife, as a mother, I see you,
With a smile, being true.
Your patience and love has been much above
With the purity of a dove.
You are my Mavi, I received the day I wed your son,
And I just want to thank you Mavi, for the things you have done.
You have given me a loving man, with whom I share a life,
You are his lovely mother and I am his lucky wife.
You would pat his head, and now I hold his hand
With love you raised a boy, then gave me my man!
Thank you, Mavi!
Happy happy birthday!
Love Deepti

No comments:

Post a Comment