Monday 29 August 2016

Happy Father 's day again!

It was Father's Day on June 20, 1999... so looking back I will always smile in sadness as I bid farewell to a man who lived on his terms. He was undeniably a big influence to me in my 18 years after which Nimmi Belliappa mum held the mantle of being my mum, dad and best friend... not an easy task but she did it with perfection and today is my forever idol.

A scroll of words drafted and gifted to my dad...there was a strange gleam of recovery he showed that morning.. a hope I wished came true.. but destiny had other plans and it was time to bid adeau to my dad.. not our relationship, not our memories and always have promises made in my heart.. that I had been entrusted with.. ... There was deep sadness in the heart but unwillingness to lose my strength for fear of not being able to support the family I have with me. There will always be a question... have I cried enough but always the comforting thought that I hold him in my heart every day....

Every year Father's day is on the 3rd sunday of June..which will be the day my kids will cherish with memories of fondness with the father of my children.. but for me father 's day will always be June 20... if ever the day coincides again.. I will not smile in sadness but rejoice the morning that was on June 20, 1999.

happy father's day Daddy... you are loved everyday! Mommy happy father's day to you for perfecting a dual role as we continue to learn the nuances of our parenting sagas.

With love...

No comments:

Post a Comment