Monday 29 August 2016

Smitten yet saddened...

The news read... bomblast at Istanbul close to Grand Bazaar. My heart sank knowing that I was there just yesterday soaking in everything that went past the last 10 years and thankful for a journey gone by. They welcomed in excitement and celebrated our happiness.

I was smitten by the charm of a city so fascinating that has the strength to see and show beauty in the midst of chaos. We laughed and explored as though we were almost young and carefree yet saw new meaning in every moment we spent there. We discovered vibrancy as a local would. The city did not rush us and that gave us a new lease of life.

I am glad our big 10 was at Istanbul with a fabulous celebration to conclude here back home with so much love. Everything that mattered got me smiling. As I thank Istanbul for giving me a memory for a lifetime.. I pray for the spirit of the wonderful people there who make that city as beautiful as it is!  In admiration and gratitude. . With love!

No comments:

Post a Comment