Saturday 14 November 2015

Tea parties for the fabulous childhood album!

We have all grown in this extremely helpful and sometimes 'too helpful' society where advise, tips are showered in abundance. So when you get married, the tips are handy, but the good news is while dealing with another adult you can always fight and argue your way through. But with motherhood, no one ever tells you the full story till you are soaked in it, and often grappling but still want to appear confident. The arguments and tears are not your weapons here. You have to live up to the expectation, when your kids say - "my mamma knows everything". Those are simple words but strangely pressurizing.
In one household, dealing with 2 different personalities, who are siblings, thankfully sisters, with patterns that are both similar and opposite. Knowing that I am responsible for the way these two lives will shape up, makes my world spin. If one is clear and outspoken, the other is diplomatic. If one is sentimental, the other is practical. If one sobs at my so called 'temper' the other questions in doubt. The ideology of 'done it once will be a breeze the second time', just doesn't apply. If folks say, you have passed the sleepless nights phase, it just gets simpler, then they are hugely mistaken ed. As they are growing, questions are countless, which need to be backed with accurate and thoughtful answers, value system is just getting adjusted, set an example phase has activated and so much more. So while I am still learning the ropes of motherhood everyday, with my quota of impatience and learning, I try to balance and rejoice in their innocence with an occasional tea party (more a juice party) with all their friends and do hope that my kids will always see the value in discipline and fun.
So we had a wonderful time planning together, the menu, arrangements, guest list and activities. The idea was to have a picnic tea party, so balcony had to be the perfect setting. Paucity of space was not going to be a limitation, it just had to be as much fun for all 11 kids! Naturally the menu had all the favorites like cupcakes, strawberry jelly, sandwiches, fryums, cotton candy, popcorn so healthy options were far and few but the good news is - I got busy trying my hand at most of it. Some of the kids brought in some yum, to add to the variety and delicacies, which we relished. The kids enjoyed and that made the entire day absolutely worth it. Watching them play, share, care, rejoice, acknowledge, appreciate and retain that pinch of mischief, teaches us to learn so much in life. As adults we get so absorbed in sometimes several petty issues that the sheer charm and beauty of life is often missed.
These kids are some of their best friends and I am so glad they have each other to grow up with. Each of them come with similar values, backgrounds and ideas, the kind I am thrilled my kids are surrounded by. So while I continue to explore my journey of motherhood with them, I look forward to always bringing in as much as 'fun' as we can in our journey of growing up.
I am thrilled to bring these kids in my 100 days, as even a 3 year old can teach me as much as someone who is 100, so that's what makes life so thrilling. Thank you mums for sending the kids over!






No comments:

Post a Comment