Saturday 14 November 2015

For my children!


Day 82 ..‪#‎100happydays‬ ‪#‎100daysofhappiness‬ – Children’s day saga 
After a hectic day with the kids, soaking in the excitement of Children’s day, I lay in bed and cherished that moment where they snuggled with me, their quick I love you followed by the line that melts all my exhaustion “Mamma every time I want you only to be my Mamma”, and somehow this comes to their mind on their own. Misty eyed I hug them and want that moment to just stand still. I find myself battling with the fear that they grow so quickly and there may be a day when they will not require me as much. Will they idolize me the way I idolize my mother? Definitely not, as my journey is a learning wheel everyday. I cherish that they find the love and admiration to appreciate my smallest gestures even when I am unable to perfect my culinary skills. I am fascinated when they feel the best moments with them have been a simple game of chase around the house or perhaps hide and seek. Our uncontrollable laughter’s over silly jokes become a feature in their special journal. They have seen me at my worst and angry best, but they never judge me and that gives me more responsibility. They worry seeing my not so bright expression, even as I battle to smile with all my might on some days. While we all will learn and evolve together, I will be blessed if along the way, I can be their best friend and mother all in one heartbeat.
On Children’s day, my 20 point philosophy will guide my kids in this fascinating journey of life!
• Innocence and childhood are often short-lived, but the secret is to keep it alive at any stage of your life and have fun.
• It’s beautiful to feel like a princess as long as you know that only you will have to save yourself and not any prince.
• Idols are great inspirations, but ensure you choose your idol that epitomizes character, integrity, reality, self worth and humility. Your idol may not be a celebrity or anyone famous but if you can admire them enough to aspire for their zeal for life, then you are on the right path supported by your own vision.
• While you bask in that dream, always stay grounded in your values, humility, self confidence and self respect.
• Give yourself wings to fly but don’t forget about your loved ones. It’s great to be ambitious and successful but pointless if you have no one to share these achievements with.
• Discipline is important but see life through a creative and passionate lens, as only your heart will unfold the best opportunities.
• Savor every second and live life like there is no tomorrow
• It’s fabulous to be sentimental and always connected to your emotions. In case being practical is your approach, then life will almost always seem easier to accept and cherish.
• I may ‘almost always’ over clad you in my maternal worries often tampering with your fashion statement. Let the heart strike the perfect fashion chord and your clothes simply reflect your attitude. As you grow you will explore your own signature, but until then let me be your guardian angel.
• You will have choices to make, but ensure you take responsibility of these choices.
• Academics are great but balance it with extra curricular in the same stride.
• You may not always get to lead, but when you do, lead in belief. In case you follow then always remember that the shadow of support has more worth than most people understand.
• No matter what the situation is, only truth will thrive.
• Care with all your heart, but be strong enough to nurse a broken heart too
• Times have changed and so have experiences between your time and mine, but our values remain the same with every passing generation.
• The world is not such a safe place any more but living in fear will shorten your life further.
• There are many traditions that you may want to oppose or break away from, but while you do that ensure you have full knowledge of the tradition and can react in rationale than impulse.
• Money is important, but not a factor to determine the course of your life and your actions.
• Being selfless is not attaining perfection, so cherish life and make it meaningful.
• Generosity and sharing cannot be forced but definitely nurtured. Make it a way of life, then the effort will not arise.
My thoughts and ideals are not promises, neither are they lessons. They are my humble learning’s that I have been fortunate to explore. While you both will have your own discoveries and mistakes, I do hope these can ease your ‘adventures of life in an imperfect world’.
On Children’s Day, as a parent, I vow that I do not want to perfect my children, but just want to perfect my relationship with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment