Wednesday 25 January 2017

Welcome 2017

Here’s wishing you all that is better and more…in 2017
The year passed me by, not in silence, but with a mix of emotions. While everything is just normal, felt blessed to experience the calm that I have always yearned for. With health coming back to track and gaining gradual clarity on my words, it’s a cherished time. Like everyone around me, I have aspirations, but I dote on contentment. I yearn for memories, with a record of my choices. I will share with all my heart, and hope not to demand anything in return. It’s a huge task to hope for selflessness, so that’s not for me.
I am a year older and wiser but thrilled with my madness and willingness to get excited. With every passing year, my kids become their own beings and friends in little sizes. Let their size not fool you, because they do more justice to that equation than many I know. And for that, I am truly blessed to have begun this experience, in such an unconditional relationship. As a daughter I continue to be blessed with a role model, whose experience and advise guides me every day. My bond in marriage, gives me reason every day to be grateful for this relationship. I had new experiences, new travels and milestones that mattered. My closest bonds have given me more reason to care, worry, love and cherish. Some relationships are just not defined by distance, time, frequency or definition. Its just there, and here to stay. If you have even one like this, count yourself lucky.
 Travel will always give me my wings and I state that without any hesitation. My struggle to create two confident caring individuals will sometimes be too apparent, but only because I am human. I will continue to value friendships that have become family, not by blood or being relatives, but just the strength of the bond! I will continue to be protective and sometimes possessive about the people who matter, and have nothing to feel sorry about. Detachment is a guided philosophy in several religious practices, but that is definitely not my mantra - I am thankful to be attached, emotional and often sensitive.
Excellence, competition and ambition will always tickle you for more, but embracing our priorities makes the change so welcoming. I continue to learn that we are served in equal platter all shades of life – either we take it or leave it! Time will not heal all our losses, so neither has this year done much in that regard. But it has taught us the strength of optimism and hope. Every day new challenges pushes retirement even further, but it doesn’t pull our willingness to try.
I will continue to explore hobbies that will speak my creativity. I will share with all my heart, as much as I can. I will dream for greater aspirations that can professionally make a difference. I have responsibilities towards all my relationships, but I owe myself the most...the faster I accept that, the better it is for everyone! I have philosophies and beliefs that will be of pivotal importance and will continue to guide my existence. While optimism is my guardian angel, reality will always be my friend. I will make many mistakes in all my roles, but have no regrets to make them. I hope to dare professionally and believe that being cautious should be packed with some risks.
So here’s wishing you and your families a wonderful year ahead with many reasons to rejoice, create and be thankful. May every day be more meaningful and be filled with gratitude. Thank you for making a difference in my life. With much love and words that inspire by C.S Lewis, “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream”.

No comments:

Post a Comment